High quality foosball tables (also known as table soccer or table football) can make a great addition to any game room, man cave, or home and are perfect for hours of recreational and competitive fun for all ages. There are many different foosball tables you can choose from including indoor and outdoor foosball tables, tabletop foosball, professional foosball tables, multi-games tables, and foosball tables simply designed for fun. So, it can seem like an overwhelming task when trying to sort through all the different types to find the one that best suits you.
Let’s begin with the different grades of foosball tables that are currently available. There are high quality professional-grade tables for the best foosball players, as well as home models. The professional tables typically include additional features and are made from higher-quality materials. They are also larger but have better scoring systems. There are also some tables that have more than one goalie for each side but, generally, all of them host one to three men goalie spots on most table types.
Most foosball tables are made with wood laminate and are very sturdy and durable. The laminate is lighter than wood, so it is easier to move the table around or store it. Other tables are made of plastic, but they are not as durable and tend to have more problems in the long term.
The following are some of the best foosball game tables that are available today in 2017 for your game room that offer the ultimate in game play and may help someone in your family become a professional foosball player:
1. Hathaway Primo Soccer Table
The Hathaway Primo Soccer Table has a butcher block table design with large independent stabilizing leg levelers. It features ABS counterbalanced players to provide better ball control and has a one man goalie configuration. It has chrome plated, solid steel rods with E-Z spin bearings.
60” x 40” x 12”
- Constructed of CARB Certified MDF
- Stylish and durable exterior with an espresso finish
- Sturdy box leg design with cross support beams for stability
- True level surface for accurate gameplay
- Solid stainless steel rods
- E-Z spin bearings and ABS counterbalanced players
- Assembly is time-consuming
- Scoring discs may not slide easily
2. Atomic Pro Force Foosball Table
The Atomic Pro Force Foosball Table has an internal ball return and ball entry and leg levelers that ensure a level playing field. It has a simple and stylish look and is made from durable MDF with rich bamboo laminate and a manual scoring system. It also features hollow chrome steel rods with octagonal rubber handles.
54.1” x 34.6” x 12.6”
- Manual scoring system
- Built-in ball return
- Comfortable rubber grip handles
- Includes four balls
- Leg levelers for an even playing field
- Heavy-duty legs and steel parts for durability
- Long assembly time
- Has to be built upside down and then flipped over
- Finish on the legs peels off easily
3. Triumph 48-Inch Sweeper Foosball Table
The Triumph 48-Inch Sweeper Foosball Table has a regulation-sized playing field. It features chrome-plated hollow steel player rods and ergonomic grips for comfort. It has twenty-six individually molded players and the table includes four balls. The table uses an abacus scoring system and is made of plastic, rubber, steel, and wood materials. It is a great table for a beginner.
50” x 25” x 5”
- Comfort grip handles
- Easy scoring system
- Easy to assemble
- Sturdy and durable
- Easy to move around
- Shorter in height than expected
- Holes sometimes did not align during assembly
4. American Legend Charger Foosball Table
The American Legend Charger Foosball Table offers the basic features you are looking for in a foosball table and features an abacus style scoring system, an internal ball return system, and a cross bar for added support and extra strength.
20” x 52” x 28”
- Sturdy and durable table
- Very attractive design with a walnut finish
- Easy to assemble
- Sits high off the ground
- Solid 3.75-inch legs
- Half-inch hollow rods with chrome finish
- Damaged box during delivery
- Some missing hardware
5. East Point Sports Newcastle Foosball Table, 54-Inch
The East Point Sports Newcastle Foosball Table is an official competition-sized table that is suitable for two to four players. It is made to be sturdy and the finish resists wear and tear. It features a bead-style scoring system and included two foosballs. The oversized leg levelers ensure level gameplay and the player rod bushings spin and slide with ease.
54” x 29.5” x 34.5”
- Competition-sized and ideal for two to four players
- High-performance bushings
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Leg levelers for precision playing
- Built-in bead-style scoring sliders
- Dense players for maximum power
- Difficult to assemble
- Players are not counterbalanced
- The adjustable legs are plastic
6. KICK Foosball Table Ambassador, 55-Inch
The KICK Foosball Table Ambassador is an extremely durable and elegant table with a mahogany finish and thick cabinets. It has counterbalanced players which add precision and field play balance. It also features a slide scoring system that is mounted on each end of the table. You can also choose a one or three goalie design and includes four corner ramps.
55” x 30” x 36”
Approximately 130 lb
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Counterbalanced players
- Premium bearings
- Slide scoring units mounted on each side
- Eight no-slip grip handles with rod safety caps
- One or three goalie man design
- No pre-drilled guide holes for the counters at the end of the table
7. Carrom 530.00 Signature Foosball Table (Moroccan)
The Carrom Signature Foosball Table is constructed with high-quality materials and is tested for durability and strength. It has a one-inch Moroccan finish and the playing surface has enamel screen-printed graphics. It also features chrome-plated hollow steel rods and eight-sided handles and premium bearings for fast and smooth spinning with a wood-beaded scoring system.
50.3” x 36” x 55”
- Made with high-quality materials and has a beautiful finish
- Combines quality with functionality
- Playing surface resists wearing over time
- Precise player control
- Heavy 2-inch leg supports
- Higher price point
- Table is on the heavier side
As you can see, there are many different styles of foosball tables available and they come in an array of different styles and designs at different price points. When looking for your next table, take all of these into consideration and keep in mind the materials that are used because that will help determine its durability for greater gameplay with less wear and tear over the years.